CAD DRAFTER II
This position provides Computer Aided Drafting and Design services for United States Coast Guard, Command, Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN). The position develops updates and revises drawings onboard various Coast Guard boats and cutters and shore stations in accordance with system prototypes and/or Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs). Candidate must be familiar with shipboard and shore base drafting and design background familiar with a broad spectrum of drawing standards, development and implementation of drawings for various systems and platforms. Must have a have a good working knowledge with various ANSI/ASME standards, US Coast Guard Drawing standards, and U.S. Navy electrical and structural design requirements. Candidate must have strong attention to detail and customer service skills. USCG experience preferred, but not required.
Skills Sets / Knowledge Areas:
- 3-5 years’ experience in shipboard electrical design: USCG and NAVY background preferred.
- Self-starter /motivated and hands-on.
- Accurately check and review prints of yourself and others to prevent mistakes, typos and overlooks.
- Works in cross-functional teams to solve engineering and customer problems.
- Must have excellent communications skills.
- Must have team collaborative skills.
- Must have the aptitude for continuous improvement.
- Microsoft Office
- Corel Draw
- CATIA V4, Enovia PM
- Universal Document Converter
- Haystack Online.