CAD DRAFTER III
This position provides Computer Aided Drafting and Design services for United States Coast Guard, Command, Control and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN). The position develops updates and revises drawings onboard various Coast Guard boats and cutters and shore stations in accordance with system prototypes and/or Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTOs). Candidate must be familiar with shipboard and shore base drafting and design background familiar with a broad spectrum of drawing standards, development and implementation of drawings for various systems and platforms. Must have a have a good working knowledge with various ANSI/ASME standards, US Coast Guard Drawing standards, and U.S. Navy electrical and structural design requirements. Candidate must have strong attention to detail and customer service skills. USCG experience preferred, but not required.
- Assist in the development of TCTO’s/EC’s and logistics management activities
- Receive process and track field generated Engineering Change Requests/Proposal ECR’s or Phase 1 form on USCG computer system
- Plan and attend EC/TCTO Development Team meetings as directed by the Government
- Develop and manage POA&M as directed by the Government
- Gather data from Cutters, other Product Line Branches, CG Yard, SFLC Engineering Services Division and other CG units for the development of GFE requirements for various platforms
- Develop and maintain ILSPs for assigned platforms
Graduate of an Accredited Drafting Program or completion of a CAD program from an accredited school/university.
Six (6) years experience in the submission of USCG technical drawings may be substituted lieu of the high school diploma or accredited Technical School.
- A minimum of four (4) years drafting experience to include layouts, illustrations, wiring diagrams, and electrical machine and sheet metal shop, fabrication drawings
- Secret clearance
- Must have technical experience in operation, repair, and support of Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical (HM&E) or electronic equipment
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Coast Guard Standard Workstation III and proficient in independent research using the World-wide web
- Must have experience in Microsoft products including Power Point, Word, Access and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience supporting USCG C3CEN and electronic systems