Engineering Technician V
TYPE: FULL TIME
Responsible for lower level engineering, design, and installation of RF telecommunications, Radar and Networked systems. Assembles or installs equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting. Assemble or construct simple or standard equipment or parts; and services or repairs simple instruments or equipment. Conducts a variety of basic tests using established methods, prepares test specimens, adjusts and operates equipment and records test data, pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
Provides Maintenance services to include the maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of various system sensors and associated networking equipment. Equipment/Sensors include but are not limited to Communications Systems, RADAR Systems, Command and Control Systems, Surveillance Systems and Network Systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Engineering or completion of USCG or DOD Technical Schools preferred.
Education and USCG/DOD Training may be substituted as follows:
- Educational Experience: One (8) years of experience working with C4IT/C4ISR Systems.
- USCG/DOD Experience: Two (9) years of commercial experience in electronic systems installation, troubleshooting and/or repair, including shipboard and shore station support.
MANDATORY SKILLS and/or REQUIREMENTS
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a SECRET DSS Security Clearance
- In depth Familiarity with Microsoft Office Operating Systems
- Capable of obtaining IAT Level I certification within 6 months of Start of Work
- Able to hand carry up to 50 lbs of equipment
- Able to climb heights of up to 50 feet
- Understanding and basic troubleshooting of PC-based Radar Processor (PCRP)
- Understanding and basic troubleshooting of RF Communications systems
- Understanding and troubleshooting of Network systems