Type: Full time
Performs general tasking resulting from installation or replacement of electronics equipment on board ships, cutters, boats, vehicles and/or shore facilities. Performs such tasks as installing cabling and connectors for electronic systems, Making test measurements using common instruments such as digital multi-meters, signal generators, audio analyzers and antenna VSWR analyzers. Performs low level troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on various types of electronic equipment such as; VHF, HF, UHF and SATCOM electronic Communications equipment; networked computer systems, Navigation and Command and Control equipment. Installs cabling, hardware, equipment mounts and racks. Expertise in wiring infrastructure, sets, and troubleshooting. Specifically;
- Pull and dress copper and fiber optic cabling (vertical/horizontal)
- Equipment rack installation and hardware/antenna mounting
- Terminating, splicing, testing and troubleshooting copper and fiber cable
- Verifying station locations and cable schemes using cabling plans, statement of work generated Engineering change plans and/or TCTO’s, and Installation Design Plans
- Excellent ability at multi-tasking, setting priorities and tracking issues concurrently, with minimal supervision
- Possess good interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Individual with a positive attitude and work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
- Assists senior technicians with more advanced tasking under direct supervision.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of an Electronics Technician Training Institute, or a similar field from an accredited learning Institute or a U.S. Navy / U. S. Coast Guard technical school graduate.
General Experience:Required - One to five years of experience installing military or commercial wiring/cabling to electronic systems. Attention to detail is a MUST.Must be able to pass a comprehensive five (5) year DoD/DSS background check.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to climb, squat, bend and sit for prolonged periods of time
- Valid driver’s license
- Active DoD Government Security Clearance a plus
Specialized Experience:Desired - BICSI training certification, NAVSEA connectorization training, NAVSEA Cableway Management Training and/or accredited Fiber Optic Cable certification, Tower climbing certification.
Salary is commensurate with experience.