This position is with our customer, the U.S. Coast Guard, who requires a technically competent Junior Technical Writer, with work in Portsmouth, VA.
The state of the art command, control, communications, surveillance, intelligence, navigation, and combat technologies managed by the dedicated team at the Command, Control, and Communications Engineering Center, C3CEN, enables Coast Guard staff, vessels and aircraft to successfully perform each of the Coast Guard’s 11 missions.
You will support C3CEN in creating, editing and revising all necessary System Development Life Cycle documents including: Equipment Integrated Logistic Support Plan (EILSP), Time Compliant Technical Order (TCTO), Software/Hardware Installation Plans, Hardware/Software Operator Guides, Detailed Performance Descriptions, Equipment Manuals, Software/Hardware Requirement Documents, Software/Hardware/Interface/System Design Specifications, Test Plans/Procedures, Ship Drawings System/Software/Hardware Users Manuals, and Training Plans.
• You must possess a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suites and possess proficient writing skills.
• Must possess proficiency in using networked computer systems to perform independent research via shared drives as well as the internet.
• Must possess experience in the operation, preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and repair and supply support of electronic equipment.
• Must possess a working knowledge of electronics Engineering Drawings, Technical Publications and Manuals as described in CIM 9000.6 (series) Naval Engineering Manual and CIM 9085.1 (series) Naval Engineering Computer Aided Design Standards.
• Must possess an understating of the development and/or use of documentation relating to Integrated Logistics Support.
As you will be our representative onsite with our customer, your day-to-day supervision and direct control over the work performed will be our responsibility. Therefore, needed is a self-starter with a deep sense of the mission to be accomplished. Final determination and approval for all work products, recommendations, etc. shall be reserved for Government officials.
• Must be experienced with Technical Writing, Logistics, and Instruction Manuals.
• Preferred BA/BS degree.
• A sense of mission and the independent maturity to accomplish given tasks.
• Preferred experience with Equipment Integrated Logistic Support Plans (EILSP), and Time Compliant Technical Orders (TCTO).
• Preferred is any US Coast Guard experience.
• An active Secret security clearance is strongly preferred.